Tuesday, September 15, 2009

maybe i'll stick this time.

Throughout my life, surely I've listened to a lot of different music genres. But of course when I was young I never paid attention to music that much. It was only when I was growing up near my preteens that I actually started to listen to music for real. At first, I liked R&B and rap, but I think it was only because it was the only music I ever knew at that time and everyone else was listening to it. I conformed and soon enough my iPod was filled with songs talking about the artist's money, cars, and girls. Soon enough I stopped listening to that genre of music, and hopped on over to Rock, Alternative, and Metal. Not much to say, except that was mostly during my pseudo-emo days. I cheered myself up, held my head up high, and walked through another door. This door led me to Techno/Trance. It was something totally new to me, the sound of hard hitting bass, intricate bass lines, and heavenly sounding synths. I listened for quite a while, getting up and dancing whenever I heard it. That phase passed. Recently discovering artists like Kid Loco, Nujabes, Flying Lotus, Emancipator and etc. I've heard the most beautiful and relaxing side of music. I generally prefer music without lyrics, because I like telling myself a story to the beautiful beat these guys make. I really don't have much to say except that.. I'm probably sticking with this for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment