Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Statement of Purpose

What I want to write about is questionable. I don't like writing only about one topic. Writing the same thing over and over again it gets boring. If possible, I would love to write about a variety of topics and since writing about my personal life is the closest thing to that, I would like writing about my personal life.

I want to write my goals, my feelings, my thoghts on different things, and etc; the things I want to better myself at, striking each little aspect of myself to see what I can change for the better. Being a student allows me to let my curiosity run free and familiarize myself for the future. I want to write things that I could look back to and see how I developed as a person.

Writing better is one of my goals; I'd like tobe able to write at a high level. One of my weakest points is analyzing a book and writing about it. I don't like writing about a book someone else wrote and nitpick at all the details. I want to be able to write freely without getting stuck and pausing to think about what I should write.

Reading has always been an "oh that stuff is boring, I only do it when it's mandatory" thing for me and I want to change that this year. I know lately I've been craving to read, to feel that feeling when the book you're holding is talking to you and telling you the best story you've ever heard. So far that one book that amazed me was "House of the Scorpion." I'd like to read more and experience a sea of stories.

I've always been a lazy person for the first fourteen years of my life I've done nothing but sit on my ass all day and stare at a screen. Along with reading and writing, I'd also like to change this one aspect of me. Getting out more to hang with friends or go on a bike trip once in a while would help me achieve this goal.

In short, I want to make myself a better person by spending more time doing useful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment