Saturday, April 3, 2010

i feel like i'm in a soccer game.


Always talking about goals. Goals goals goals. Haha, I don't mind. It's nice to look back once in a while, no?

Like I've said from the last 'what are your goals as a writer?' assigned post, my intentions have generally stayed the same throughout the year. From the start of this whole blogging thing, I've said that I was planning to blog about a lot of different things, but mostly things concerning my personal[?] life. On the somewhat downside, I haven't been really analyzing my own writing as much as I should. So to go as far as improving my writing, I'm not exactly sure where I am with that. I feel like every single blog I've written so far has come directly from my mind. When I begin a post, it's not really planned and I don't pay attention to the grammar and structure of my posts as much. I tend to write until I have nothing more to say. I'm sure that if I actually try and analyze the things I say more and more, I could try and improve my writing that way. But for the time being, would you care to help me?

The audience I try and shoot for is none other than my peers. I don't write for some other big hot shot blogger just so they can like it. My peers are whom I could relate to more and therefore it's a lot easier to write what I write. The topic of my blog is best summarized as a collection of my thoughts throughout the year, and my purpose for writing about my personal life and thoughts is so others could relate, and it could eventually lead to a whole chain of thinking. To start a chain like that is pretty damn satisfying, needless to say.

Another reason why I write is well, again for personal reasons. A few years in the future I could look back to this blog and see exactly what I was going through and where my opinions stood during my sophomore year in high school. I could say it's a journal, but then again it's not exactly for myself only. I've kept this goal ever since my first ever post. And to quote, "I want to write things that I could look back to and see how I developed as a person."

Next year is an experience I will be awaiting. I don't have any idea where my writing will go, but if I have Sutherland as a teacher again then hopefully I could continue this blog and proudly say that I kept a journal through two years of high school. That would be nice, but I don't know for sure. If I get into a normal English class, I would suspect that this blog would be abandoned, and I would migrate to Tumblr. A good or bad thing? I don't know. But ever since I first experienced writing a blog, it felt pretty good and I would like to continue on it. I have to say, thanks Sutherland for giving me and opportunity to experience such. Among other things, you've broadened my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment