Monday, November 9, 2009

it feels great.


I've been thinking a lot lately, due to the weather. Clouds frequent more and they're something I like watching. They're interesting, to me they look like peaceful wanderers that come in many shapes. I really want to watch some, but the problem is there aren't really any GOOD places to cloud watch. I've been craving to just lie down on a grassy hill and just look up. Using my imagination to create stories of whats above me or to just make those things we call clouds into funny little shapes or animals. Whatever it is, I'm down for it. But damn, Alameda really doesn't have that many hills where you can cloud watch. It's a shame isn't it? It's beauty left unnoticed.

Another thing I've been wanting to do is stargaze. I don't know why, but yeah. Those tiny little specks you see are just a gigantic connect the dot game. It also amazes me how that when we look up, you're actually looking into the past. I don't really get why but hey, it's something that's pretty damn cool. Though once again, I encounter the same problems. I'd really prefer an elevated space where I can just lie down and watch, like a roof or something. Also noting the fact that my parents probably wouldn't let me out that late to do it either. I wish there would be a day where everyone could just turn their lights off so we can see each star more clearly. But haha, these are goals I'll achieve someday.

The beach. I particularly don't like beaches, or maybe that's just Alameda beach. Holy crap it stinks down there dude. ANYWAY, back to the point. During the day, it's a place to cool off and just sunbathe. But when it reaches say.. 2am, it's a totally different thing. The night sky makes the water look like a really warm blanket that you just want to be under; the sounds of the waves crashing really help set the scene too. Just walking on the beach at that time makes you go into a genuine relaxed mood. Take my word for it. This is something I experienced in the summer, luckily. And I'm glad I had the chance to.

4 comments:

  1. This is a nice post. Reminds me of some nice spots I've managed to visit over the years, where the stargazing was hecka good...And now the comment box works, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2AM BEACH ADVENTURE FTW.
    Dude. Leonid meteor shower. Nov. 17th 1~3am. It can be seen ANYWHERE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://bobbygoat189.blogspot.com/2009/11/illuision-of-night.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. i believe its about time we re unite on an especially fluffy cloudy day bike to some hill that we don't even know exists yet and have a picnic

    ReplyDelete