Saturday, January 30, 2010

late, but here it is anyway.


I guess I should feel lucky when it comes to freedom. I mean, compared to other people, I kind of have a lot. It wasn’t always like this though, everything before last year, I never really got out much. Reason being? I was a no-life nerd who chose to stay home all day just playing games. Maaan, haha. I wasted my life back then. But another part of that was because I was afraid to ask my parents. When I actually wanted to get out and do something, I was pretty reluctant to ask my parents if I could go or not, so that led me to being stuck home like every day. See, I didn’t even know why I was scared or reluctant. I always thought that if I asked they would say no, so I never tried.

A lot changed since then though. Ever since the end of last year I’ve been more free. How? I started asking. And because of that, I can go out almost anytime. On any given day I can just dress, take my backpack, and tell them I’m going out. No questions asked. Most of the time that’s what I do. I guess I can say I enjoy it. I don’t have the hassle of arguing with them whether or not I can go here or there. I don’t know. All of that happened just because I started asking more often. And now it got to a point where I don’t even have to ask. I just have to be back by 8 on weekdays and 10 on weekends. Or whenever they call and yell at me. Haha.

I mean I have /Asian/ parents too. But girls are like.. chained to the ankles of their parents. Well, that’s the case for most girls I know. BUT STILLLLL. YOU NEVER KNOW UNTIL YOU ASK.

1 comment:

  1. Black text on a black background. Bold choice of style.

    What's up with the comment at the end about "Asian" parents? I hear kids at AHS all the time talking about "you're Asian," or "my mom's Asian," and I've asked about it a few times, but it still really kinda makes me wonder. Exactly what is meant by that?

    ReplyDelete