Friday, February 12, 2010

learn how to scare me.


Spiders. Spiders are the scariest things on Earth to me. It's like they're tiny monstrosities walking on eight little legs. To be honest I have no idea why I'm so afraid of them, but I'm afraid up to the point of calling it a phobia. It doesn't make sense to me either, because when I was a little kid I was fearless of bugs. I actually welcomed them and played around with them. But I don't know what happened while I was growing up that made me so afraid. Was I bitten? What happened? I'll never know. It isn't just spiders too, I'm equally afraid of cockroaches.

My phobia noticeably developed around when I was eleven years old. Every time I would see a spider in my house, I would always drop what I was doing and run to my mom so she can kill it. In fact, the last time that happened was about two nights ago. I finished taking a shower and as I got out I saw a spider on the wall. I panicked, went out to the living room in my towel and called my mom to tell her to kill it. And another time, I was sitting down using the computer and I noticed this HUGE daddy long legs crawling down the wall right behind the computer monitor. Again, I panicked because after a while I couldn't find it. So I decided to just sleep for the rest of the night. It was about 11pm. I never sleep that early on a weekend night. Damnit, spiders.

I really would like to know what made me so afraid. I have the knowledge of knowing that most house spiders aren't very harmful, but I still freak out like a little girl at the sight of one. Even the smallest spiders could scare me. Massive dislike of my phobia.


1 comment:

  1. I stopped being so afraid of spiders..
    I'm only shocked when I see it at a close range out of nowhere. I also stopped killing them and just let them off outside.

    I never knew why I was afraid of them either P: I guess their appearance is just creepy.
    Butttttt-- FUCK COCKROACHES.

    ReplyDelete