Sunday, September 18, 2011

[FREE.] Insane Bike Trip Pt II.

Photo Credit: Alvin Lee

After what seemed like an eternity, the inclines were slowly starting to disappear and it became possible for us to get back on our bikes and start riding comfortably. I can safely say that we shared a wave of relief. It didn't feel like we were supposed to ride on the streets but while we were hiking up, we saw a bunch of cyclists speeding downhill, so that was kind of a nice reassurance that we weren't riding someplace we're not supposed to be.

The hike didn't seem all that bad now. Especially since we got to see some gorgeous scenery. I was actually surprised to see houses up there. Some of the houses looked really luxurious too. The fanciest ones had a gate, fountain, and a huge balcony. It was one of the last things I would expect from an area such as that. You can get an idea of what the view and some of the urban houses looked like, just look at that picture!

The ride was sort of choppy from here on out, we came to points where it'd be another uphill but the momentum from a downhill made it a lot easier to climb. Half the time I felt like I was in a forest participating in some major race like the Tour De France because all I could see around me were vivid green trees and surrounding foliage.

These downhills got me crazy speed and I already had enough trouble putting adequate pressure on my pedals just so I could slow down enough to a speed I could control. Then I got a sudden realization. This is where the real fun is about to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment