Wednesday, September 21, 2011

[RE.] Photography.

One of my favorite pictures.

Alvin says,
The idea that I can capture a moment, an expression, a feeling in a single moment in time and keep that moment in time in a picture has always caught my interest.
It seems as if Alvin and I share the same idea. Or at least, shared. Photography caught my interest and became a small hobby for quite a while. I didn't have much to work with besides a pretty crappy Samsung point and shoot camera but I had to make due with what I had. In every part of each day there would always be a moment where it would just feel right to take a picture. I could describe it as one of those moments where you're looking at something and you notice that it would be a legit picture. Whether it was the colors I was seeing, a good perspective, or a good composition, all of those elements had to be there for the picture to be good.

I did the same project as Alvin did, Project 365, and that really helped me define my interest in taking pictures. I enjoyed having the opportunity to take a picture every day to describe what happened, or plainly something that I found interesting and decided to take a picture of. I suffered the same misfortunes as Alvin though, a lot of other things got in the way of taking and editing the pictures and it began to feel like a chore instead of a hobby. It would sometimes get to the point where I had a weeks worth of pictures backed up and had to edit all of them. So, I quit that too.

Nowadays my interest in photography isn't as strong, but it's still there. Sometimes I see things that spark up my desire to take pictures again, so I don't know if I'm going to end up restarting an old hobby.

1 comment: